When it comes to Kashmir how can one forget the scenic beauty and gushing glacial water stream. The valley is also known for its food , which is a treat to your taste buds. Lets not today talk about Wazwaan, the multi- cuisine dish but traditional snack Nadru Monje.
Kashmiri Nadru Monje is a famous kashmiri street food recipe. These pakoras are super easy to make, just dip lotus stem in rice flour, season it with different spices and deep fry until golden brown. Pair it up with your favourite dip.
Ingredients Of Kashmiri Nadru Monje
- 500 Gram Lotus stems
- 2 cups Rice Flour
- to taste Salt
- to taste Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- as required Water
- for frying Oil
How to Make Kashmiri Nadru Monje
- 1.Wash the lotus stems thoroughly and drain excessive water.
- 2.Cut into thin strips.
- 3.Toss them in a bowl of rice flour.
- 4.Add salt, cumin seeds and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- 5.Let the flour absorb water from lotus stems. Add some more water if required.
- 6.Deep fry the coated lotus stems in hot oil.